Friday, December 21, 2012

Red Hibiscus Lemon Tea

I'm ashamed to be so obsessed with this tea... 
I've only had like 6 cups... in the last two days....

I have this tree, 
It's has lovely red leaves
The leaves taste good
These leaves, make wonderful tea.
And I am ashamed to say... I am obsessed with the red leaf hibiscus tea. 

A friend of ours was telling us how her hibiscus was over growing but she didn't mind because the tea tasted so good!  She gave us a little bitty piece and now it's
 grown
 Enormous!
Well I'm exaggerating a bit... but it has gotten quite big if I say so myself. 



~Red Hibiscus Lemon Tea~
Ingredients:
10 leaves or 1 cup 
1/2 a cup of sugar (optional) (Add more or less depending on how sweet you like it)
Half a medium lemon
2 cups of water

Boil to cups of water
Add leaves
Let steep, keep stove on low heat (Tea should be a light red)
Add sugar
Add Lemon
Enjoy!

Tip: You can substitute the Lemon and Sugar for the dry lemonade powder.  Works great! 
Tip: Don't like lemon flavor?  Just steep leaves in water!
Tip: Sweet Red Hibiscus tea?  Just water, leaves, and sugar! 

                                                       ~Love Jade~

No comments:

Post a Comment